ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an Account Executive to create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers. The Account Executive's role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients, and actively seek new sales opportunities. This includes developing strong relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders, and preparing sales reports. Account Executives also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including Client Services, Membership, and Product) to improve the entire customer experience. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the CEO.
You’re great at winning others over. You are familiar with account management, have a flair for client communication, and understand consumer behavior. You work well with an extended team in a virtual work environment, are able to manage your tasks and time, and also know when to ask for help and guidance.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Include, But Are Not Limited To)
- Generate new business using existing and potential customer networks
- Manage a portfolio of accounts to achieve long-term success
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Act as the point of contact and handle customers’ individual needs
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders, and executive sponsors
- Understand each target customer’s business model, map their organization, and identify their unique social media needs
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner
- Cultivate qualified and quantifiable business from inception to finish of the contract
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Build market awareness of CLEVER through participation in local industry events, organizations and affiliations, and meet-ups
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Set and track sales account targets, aligned with company objectives
- Monitor sales metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
- Provide consistent and timely follow up communication along with action steps after every sales call
- Develop and use professional account management tools and follow up procedures including documentation of all sales activity in our CRM
- 2+ years proven work experience in external sales preferably in a media environment; Prior influencer marketing or social media agency experience is a plus
- Robust knowledge of social media including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and emerging services
- Hands-on experience in sales and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an understanding of project management principles and processes
- Prowess in all MS Office programs and Google apps and knowledge of CRM applications
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- A computer and consistent access to the internet; Ability to be successful and maintain motivation in a highly remote work environment
- Salary starting at 65k plus commission. This is reliant on a variety of factors including experience level, skill-set, and geographic location.
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and more)
- Paid holidays, sick days, unlimited vacation
- High quality of life (Work from home, supportive corporate culture, unlimited vacation - you're an A-player, you can take time when you need it.)
- The prestige of working for one of the most innovative and highly regarded agencies in the business
- Our company has been 100% virtual for 10+ years. We are open to applicants from anywhere in the U.S.
- Please send your resume and a cover letter highlighting your specific experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the word ‘warrior’ somewhere in your cover letter and Project Manager in the subject line.
CLEVER ANTI-RACISM STATEMENT
We are committed to making CLEVER an anti-racist organization. We will do our part to dismantle racism and systems of white supremacy, to create a race equity culture that extends from our employees to our work, our partnerships, and our industry. Consumers expect businesses to participate, vocally and with accountability, in this long-overdue anti-racist movement. Therefore, the only way for our business to be successful is to prioritize achieving race equity.
CLEVER values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black, Indigenous, and Non-Black people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
CLEVER celebrates diversity and, as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all teammates and applicants. Our teammates and applicants will not be discriminated against for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.