ABOUT THE POSITION
The Finance Manager position will be responsible for daily accounts receivable and accounts payable activities. They will work closely with the Controller to ensure accurate and timely reconciliations of general ledger accounts and bank and investment accounts. This is a part-time (30 hours / week), non-exempt position reporting to the Controller.
You will bring a proven history of working within a flexible and team-oriented environment. You’re a self-starter and quick-learner with the ability to work independently and collaborate with colleagues at all levels of the company. You can work well with an extended team in a virtual work environment. You’re proactive, able to manage your tasks and time, but also know when to ask for help and guidance. You collaborate and solve problems. You are CLEVER.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to)
- Manage all accounts receivables and accounts payables activities from invoice receipt through payment release
- Daily and weekly cash flow forecasting, determine whether borrowing is necessary
- Work closely with budget managers to ensure payables are recorded timely and accurately
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Perform review of accounts payable, payroll distribution, fixed assets, and cash
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Semi-monthly payroll processing with assistance from HR
- Manage business licenses, tax compliance in all remote cities and states, and corporate filing
- Liaise with tax preparer to answer questions, ensure taxes are filed on time
- Prepare process documentation as requested
- Assist with ad hoc projects to help understand profitability on a project level
- 2 - 3 years of accounting experience including working on month end reporting and support in creation of annual budgets
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including ability to create and use VLOOKUPs and Pivot tables
- Strong aptitude for working with details, executing effective error-checking, and delivering high-quality work products
- Proven ability to synthesize data sets into digestible bullet points for the end user
- Proven ability to communicate financial concepts to users of all backgrounds
- Working knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and general ledger
- Demonstrated expertise in managing projects, balancing multiple commitments, and adapting effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate with ambiguity
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Collaborative work style with the ability to engage people easily and adapt communication style to most effectively achieve goals in any given situation
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service mentality, with the ability to quality control output
- Consistent and reliable access to the internet; Ability to be successful and maintain motivation in a highly virtual work environment
- Competitive hourly rate (DOE)
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and more)
- Paid holidays, sick days, unlimited vacation
- High quality of life (work from home, supportive corporate culture, unlimited vacation – you’re an A-player, you can take time when you need it.)
- Our company has been 100% virtual for 10+ years. We are open to applicants from anywhere in the U.S.
- Please send your resume and a cover letter highlighting your specific experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the word ‘warrior’ somewhere in your cover letter and Finance Manager in the subject line.
CLEVER ANTI-RACISM STATEMENT
We are committed to making CLEVER an anti-racist organization. We will do our part to dismantle racism and systems of white supremacy, to create a race equity culture that extends from our employees to our work, our partnerships, and our industry. Consumers expect businesses to participate, vocally and with accountability, in this long-overdue anti-racist movement. Therefore, the only way for our business to be successful is to prioritize achieving race equity.
CLEVER values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black, Indigenous, and Non-Black people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
CLEVER celebrates diversity and, as an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all teammates and applicants. Our teammates and applicants will not be discriminated against for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.